3 Video Tutorials that will help you to solve Print Spooler problem on your PC
- To start spooler service click Start>Run and in command prompt type in “cmd” without quotes. In the opened black window type in “net start spooler” If the access is denied proceed to the next step
- Now you may try to download a Microsoft tool called “Microsoft Fix it”. Type the name in Google and it will lead you to the page where you can read about some ways to diagnose your problem. Go to step 2 “Use a troubleshooter”. Click on the download link, save the tool on your PC and run it. If Microsoft tool wasn’t effective, you may use another tool called Print Spooler Fix Wizard which you can download from print-spooler.com. Print Spooler Fix Wizard is a complex tool that is intended to fix different errors in spooler subsystem.
- The video also explains how to fix error 1068 “The Dependency Service or Group Failed To Start”: Just go Start>Run and type in CMD /K SC CONFIG SPOOLER DEPEND= RPCSS and your problem should be fixed.
- Go Start > Control Panel > Administrative tools > Services
- Find Print Spooler there, double-click it and change startup type to “Automatic” in case it is set otherwise. And if the Service Status is “stopped” click on the button Start. Apply the changes. The problem is solved!
And finally, this video shows how to fix Print Spooler error with the help of Microsoft tools.
- Go to the page Print Spooler Problems in Windows, click on Step 2 “Use a troubleshooter” and download Microsoft Fix it tool.
- Install the tool. When the program is installed, choose “Detect the problems and apply the fixes for me”.
- Print Spooler was restarted, but the printer still shows the printing error.
- Try to cancel printing of all the documents. You see that the documents are still stuck in the queue. To solve this problem use Windows Resource Kit (It works great for XP)
- Install Windows Resource Kit and run Command Shell. Type in: “cleanspl.exe” without quotes. You will be asked to write your PC name. If you don’t know it go Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System, go to system properties and check your name.
- Click Browse and save your spooler.exe file, then click Clean spooler.
- If you are asked to remove standard monitors, choose NO
- Reboot your PC
- After that all you need to do is to install printer.
Now you can use your printer.